Website Privacy Statement for Hing Wa Lee Jewelers
Hing Wa Lee Jewelers is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personally-identifiable information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Marketing and Communications Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
Third parties. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
Maps services from the following parties:
- Google Maps based in the USA
Although our website has enabled settings to respect “Do-not-track” requests sent by users who wish to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking, our site also makes use of page caching to improve site performance. Google also provides tools for those who wish to opt out of Google Analytics, which will function whether or not you are logged into the site.
Use of Collected Information
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Purpose-Activity / Notifying you about changes to our privacy notice
Type of data / (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Marketing and Communications
Purpose-Activity / To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
Type of data / (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical
Purpose-Activity / To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Type of data / (a) Technical (b) Usage
Purpose-Activity / To provide you with marketing communication and information about our company and products
Type of data / (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Marketing and Communications
Distribution of Collected Information
We will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
We will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Access to your own information: Questions regarding users’ rights to review, modify or delete their previously provided personal information should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any disputes will be resolved under existing records regulations applicable to Hing Wa Lee Jewelers, California
Cookies & third-party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the personal data supervisor via email email@example.com
Contact Hing Wa Lee Jewelers
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, our privacy practices or your communication with Hing Wa Lee Jewelers, please contact Hing Wa Lee Jewelers in writing or by telephone:
- Hing Wa Lee Jewelers
- 19345 San Jose Ave.,
- City of Industry, CA 91748
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org